Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Nissan, Tesla, expect govt loans for EVs

Nissan and Tesla are both well on the way to receive loans from the federal government to support their electric car manufacturing plans. Nissan applied for a loan to upgrade its Smyrna, Tennessee plant to assemble electric cars and build a new facility for battery production, according to an Automotive News report appearing in Autobloggreen.

Yahoo Finance reports that Tesla is expecting a $350 million DOE loan to set up a factory to build their as yet unseen Model S 4-door sedan. The big reveal is scheduled for March 26.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Marc - my name is Sebastian Schepis and I am the editor of ZoomiLife, a blog on electric vehicles. Myself and my writer Aaron Turpen have been blogging about EV news for about six months now, and I've been an EV buff for years. I just wanted to drop a line to say hello, and to see whether you would be interested in exchanging blogroll links - I'd be happy to add you to my blogroll. Oh, and I'm also going to be doing some volunteer work with Colby Trudeau at some point, so thanks for starting Plug In America and all that.. :)

PS no need to approve this comment, I just couldn't find your email address anywhere.